Writings and thoughts from Brad Deifer

Brad Deifer Evo Recordings Raleigh, NC President/Founder

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Some Bullshit for today


There are a few artists I have been completely blown away with recently from a writing and lyrical standpoint. If you are into Hip-Hop, indie Rock or anything else you need to listen to emotion, power and sheer brilliance of the Hip Hop underground group from Minn. called Atmosphere, (Slug and Ant) , the new record that came out via seminal punk rock l able Epitaph is amazing lyrtically. This guy needs to never stop writing, also have come across a song that moved me and is so well written from the rock / indie rock world called "Hate Me" by Blue October, I beleive it is coming out on a record being put out by Universal in Spring. Check it out

Our bands at Evo have been really doing some good things, Revery from Norfolk Va has been gaining amazing momentum at radio, and I am so damn excited about possibly my favorite songwriting group from right here in Raleigh called Patty Hurst Shifter, that record is coming out January 24th via my deal with Fontana/Universal. I really have been watching that band grow up since the begining, just the true sense and feel of the song writing and structure had been drawing me out since I had seen them the first time, I knew the moment I got my lable onthe n ational level I had to go get them , and make sure this band is heard. I am really excited. go buy "Too Crowded At The Losing End" and just give a a bunch of listens, you will see what I mean.

I am using this to put all my old writings up and get them out of old books, so I will have old and new stuff I had worked on posted, primiraly for myself, but if you liek them and want to add stuff here do it up. I will put both publshied and unpublished stuff so if you have comments hit me up.

Lots os shit going on with the lable and bands, and the end of the long and depressing road that my life has been on latey seems near, I have taking everything Ihave and bet my life and family on this lable and it will go where it needs to be.It has been a tough struggle since the partner left and I have been very, very down and confused on many things, but that seems to be clearing up so I will not look back, and regret the decsions I made to put everyting into this, as I have never and never will wanna waste my life doing something I do not enjoy, I just have to be careful to not bring others into my miseries. I am really starting to see and make this label what it needs to be. My goal in life has always been to create, that feeling of knowing that there si something PERMANENT in the world that I helped creat and will last longer than my simple ass life.....that is the drive for always working on creating new companies, new bands, and new ways to make a living, as well as new wriitngs and new songs. I have always been very interested in making sure ther eis a legacy, and the time spent here was not a waste, since Zachary Dylan Deifer has been born, that has changed my life in so many ways, this boy is amazing, he is smart, charming and just a joy, the reason to get up in the AM and to be home, sober and around at night. Zachary Dylan and the folks that have given me the leave way and ability to pirsue dreams always are now my heros'.........

PS I am not using Spell Checker on purpose for a little to see how bad a speller I really am whenI am typing.....I will go back and fix that later.....Peace