Writings and thoughts from Brad Deifer

Brad Deifer Evo Recordings Raleigh, NC President/Founder

Friday, March 03, 2006

Lady Elysian...for my Aunt

Lady Elysian

~for Betty~

Lady Elysian is sitting in my room
She always takes care of this youngster
She has the heart of gold,
and the soul of a queen.

Lady Elysian is cooking me beans and franks.
She gets me safely on my way
She will get me safely home.
She always gives more than she takes.

Lady Elysian is baking some more delicious treats.
They are luscious “whoopee pies”,
How I love those treats.
She is always helping more than she is helped.

Lady Elysian is seeing the growth
Watching her little boy progress,
Moving out of her protective love.
She always loves unconditionally!

Lady Elysian sees this bird take flight
On to the adult world,
With much bigger fish to fry but
She is always there if needed!

Lady Elysian can’t see me leaving my skin,
She has been accidentally ignored for a short time,
Never told of the appreciation and respect.
She never did expect congratulations!

Lady Elysian is seen as a saint
By a boy she help raises.
She will always be a flower in the mess he created.
She never hears from me anymore!

Lady Elysian is not well,
But always there with love.
Losing many functions now but
Still giving more than she receives!

Lady Elysian is loved so much,
But never really told
Maybe we’ll express one day
What I hope she will always now!